Featured Image: Bruno Long
There’s a lot of hoopla these days about which season pass is “the right one.” It’s almost like a dating game—seeing which pass aligns best with your personal interests, travel schedule and aspirations. We’ve already outlined 11 things you need to know about the Mountain Collective pass, but if you’re still on the fence, listen up.
Below, you’ll find 10 reasons why you—yes, you—definitely need a Mountain Collective pass. If any of these statements read true, do yourself a favor and seriously consider purchasing The Collective pass for the upcoming 2017-18 winter season. With access to 56,283 skiable acres of terrain, 44 mountains, 481 lifts, 2,818 trails and 6,831 inches of annual snowfall, the Mountain Collective pass might just be your ticket to glory.
1. You live in an urban area and have to travel some distance to hit the slopes.
2. You’ve been looking for an excuse to ski Aspen Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Revelstoke, Squaw Valley, Taos, Snowbird and Alta all in one season.
3. You know Japanese, and, therefore, can order local dishes when you visit Niseko, one of the Mountain Collective’s new locations for 2017-18.
Dining at the famous Hanayoshi restaurant in the winter is a bit of luxury – seats get booked out for dinner weeks in advance and tasting menus start from 10,000 yen per person. But if you happen to be around Niseko town in summer, take advantage of better availability and prices! This family run sushi restaurant uses only the highest quality seafood (with certain varieties delivered straight from the Tokyo Tsukiji fish market) and has top notch chefs running the kitchen. ___ For today's lunch we went with a chirashi sushi set (also known as sushi rice bowl) that included everything that is pictured in the photo for 2,500 yen. Great deal, if you ask me 🙂 ___ #hokkaido #niseko #hirafu #japan #japanlovers #offthebeatenpath #hokkaidobound #hokkaidotrip #beautifuljapan #foodie #sushi #seafood #foodstagram
4. You are a travel-oriented skier, hoping to conquer many locations in a single season.
5. You like VIP treatment when it comes to lodging, which comes standard with the Mountain Collective’s exclusive lodging deals.
6. You believe in Protecting Our Winters.