Editorial intern needed at the Freeskier office through May 2013
It’s a brand spankin’ new year and there’s much to be done at the Freeskier office. We’re in need of some extra hands to help get things done around here, and thus, we’re looking to hire an editorial intern. Here’s the scoop:
- write online articles about industry news
- assist editors in various tasks, predominantly online, but also for the magazine
- assist w/ odds and ends around the office, e.g. sending stickers to avid Freeskier fans
- must be a proficient writer (clips appreciated, not required)
- must have a passion for skiing
- must be supremely organized
- must want to work with a group of young, die hard skiers in a fast-paced environment
- bonus: has at least a basic understanding of html
- style points awarded for creativity
- School credit only, this is an unpaid position. This is a 16-hour-a-week, in-office position (Boulder, CO). We’re pretty flexible, so if you have a strange schedule, that’s just fine. We’ll work it out.
About Freeskier Magazine:
Freeskier was founded in 1997 by skiers who recognized that skiing was about to embark on a radical evolution and needed a new generation of media to tell that story. Today, Freeskier is not only a leader in ski print media, but also in the digital realm. Freeskier’s website, social media initiatives and mobile apps lead the industry in engagement, participation and content dissemination. We are located in Niwot, CO, outside Boulder, CO.
How to apply:
E-mail your resume, cover letter and answer to the following question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the word “intern” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with applicants the week of January 14.
The Swatch Freeride World Tour by The North Face is a combination of what three events?
a) Swatch Freeride World Tour, TNF Masters of Snowboarding and Freeskiing World Tour
b) Swatch Freeride World Tour, The North Face PPOS and Freeskiing World Tour
c) Freeskiing World Tour, TNF Masters of Snowboarding and The North Face PPOS
d) The North Face PPOS, TNF Masters of Snowboarding and Swatch Freeride World Tour
About the author:
Henrik Lampert loves hot dogs, backflips, the Boston Bruins and Norway. Twenty-seven years old and a Massachusetts native, he's the Editor of Freeskier Magazine and Freeskier.com—a proud staffer since 2010.