Men’s Olympic halfpipe results: Team USA’s David Wise wins gold medal in Sochi, Russia
Photo: Nate Abbott
Reno, Nevada based David Wise just took home the gold medal at the first-ever Olympic freeskiing halfpipe contest. With the win, Wise brings home team USA’s second gold for the sport of freeskiing, as Joss Christensen won the slopestyle contest earlier in the week. On Thursday, the women representing the Red, White and Blue in the halfpipe will try to bring home yet another.
Men’s Olympic halfpipe results, Sochi 2014:
1. David Wise (USA) 92.00
2. Mike Riddle (CAN) 90.60
3. Kevin Rolland (FRA) 88.60
4. Jossi Wells (NZL) 85.60
5. Noah Bowman (CAN) 82.60
6. Beau-James Wells (NZL) 80.00
7. Aaron Blunck (USA) 79.40
8. AJ Kemppainen (FIN) 78.20
9. Lyndon Sheehan (NZL) 72.60
10. Benoit Valentin (FRA) 61.00
11. Thomas Krief (FRA) 28.60
12. Justin Dorey (CAN) 24.00
A full event recap and gallery is available here. Below, we’ve rounded up some of the best David Wise-related content on freeskier.com, in order for you to get to know the newly crowned Olympic champion a little better.
David Wise stories:
- Wise Man vs. Wild Man: Comparing, contrasting David Wise and Torin Yater-Wallace
- David Wise wins 2014 X Games Aspen superpipe, completes three-peat
- David Wise wins 2013 Dew Tour halfpipe; USA sweeps podium
- Making sense of team USA Olympic qualifiers, heading into final Grand Prix events
David Wise videos:
- Road to Sochi: See what it took for David Wise to qualify for the Olympics
- Road to Sochi: Webisode follows David Wise through 2013 Dew Tour
- Road to Sochi: David Wise talks about family life, what defines him as a skier
- Chaoz Productions tears up Norway in trailer for new film, “Head Straight”
- David Wise reminds us that the X Games are coming soon
- Watch David Wise’s winning run, US Grand Prix superpipe at Park City
Enjoy more Olympic coverage; visit freeskier.com/olympics.
About the author:
Donny O'Neill hails from the mystical, faraway land of New Hartford, CT. When he's not in the mountains searching for Big Foot, he's the Associate Editor here at Freeskier.