Now Hiring: FREESKIER seeks managing editor
FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated, talented individual to join the edit staff here in Boulder, Colorado. This is your chance to score a dream job, in a growing company, in the greatest industry in the world: skiing.
Seeking: managing editor
FREESKIER is looking for a managing editor to help oversee magazine editorial workflow. In addition to managing the timely production of FREESKIER magazine (six issues annually), the managing editor is also responsible for content assignments and development, as well as writing stories ranging from gear reviews and destination pieces to athlete profiles and features. This individual will also contribute to FREESKIER’s digital properties, including freeskier.com, and will also work with our sales/marketing team on custom-content partnerships and related projects.
- Manage workflow for FREESKIER magazine
- Assign projects and deadlines to staffers and contributors; execute on time
- Manage editorial budgets including staff and freelancer fees, travel etc.
- Work with art director to oversee layout of the magazine
- Contribute to magazine editorial process
- Contribute to overall editorial directive
- Work with sales team to develop custom projects for partner clients
- Assist the entire editorial staff in print and web-related tasks
- Work directly with manufacturers to collect products for review
- Travel to trade shows, ski tests, competitions, etc.
- Must have a passion for skiing and deep knowledge of the sport
- Must be supremely organized, with excellent time management skills
- Must be a proficient writer and editor (clips required)
- Must be proficient in managing others’ time; i.e. assigning and upholding deadlines
- Must have a solid understanding of social media and experience using it
- Must want to work with a dedicated team in a fast-paced environment
- Commensurate with experience
- Hours: 40+ hours a week, full-time
- Location: Storm Mountain Publishing office (Boulder, CO)
How to apply:
E-mail your resume, cover letter, writing samples and answers to the following questions to email@example.com. Be sure to put the words “Managing Editor” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with you individually via email.
- Name two skiers who were featured on a cover of FREESKIER’s Volume 17.
- Where was the annual SIA Trade Show hosted before its move to Denver?
- What are the first names of the Wells brothers?
- Provide two terms that might be used to describe the act of grabbing the tippity tail of the ski.
FREESKIER was founded in 1997 by passionate skiers who wanted to help push skiing’s progression, and serve as a relevant media source to share the sport’s story. Today, FREESKIER has become the largest independent ski-media company in the world, leading the industry in audience, engagement and content dissemination. FREESKIER is located outside of Boulder, CO.