Note: Sadly, this event has since been cancelled. Please see the updated Press Release, here.
Chris Benchetler was born and raised in the Eastern Sierra and wants to share his passion for adventure and these incredible mountains through a two-day camp over Memorial Day Weekend. Shred the mountain with Chris and experience a new and creative way to look at Mammoth Mountain. From the steep upper mountain, terrain parks and all the nooks and crannies in between, Chris wants to share his vast knowledge of all things fun on the snow. Afternoons will be spent rock climbing and mountain biking under the High Sierra sun. This is an excellent way to test your fitness, gain a new outlook on the mountains and improve your skiing. Chris Benchetler’s camp of excitement is limited to 20 so book now. Pricing and additional questions: For more information or to sign-up call 800.Mammoth or contact Pam Lonza with Mammoth Teams at 760.934.0795 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tentative Camp Schedule:
Saturday, May 24
• 7:30 a.m. Meet and greet at MMC
• 8:00 a.m. Warm-up and ski activation with Chris Benchetler, Stacey Cook, Kimmy Fasani and others
• 8:30 a.m. On-hill; Day One will focus on terrain progression and how to view the terrain through Chris’ eyes. Groups will also be scoping and assessing features they’d like to shoot on the following day
• 11:30 a.m. Retro ski jump contest
• 12:30 p.m. Lunch
• 1:00 p.m. Backcountry basics course with Chris on the back of chair 3; gear checklist, terrain navigation, how to memorize lines, dig a pit, ski cut, basic transceiver operation etc.
• 2:00 p.m. meet at Main Lodge for mountain biking on Mammoth’s trails or a special location selected by Chris
• 4:00 p.m. Adventure center activities: Rock climbing, bungee trampoline etc. Apres’ for those over 21
Sunday, May 25
• 7:30 a.m. Meet at MMC for warm-up and plan out your crews edit
• 8:00 a.m. On-hill; Day two will focus on each crew filming an edit to show the group at the end of the day. Experience what Chris goes through on a daily basis when he’s out filming a video part. Features will be picked out and dialed in ahead of time. Coaches will be filming
• 12:30 p.m. Lunch
• 1:00 p.m. Continue filming and dialing in your segments
• 3:00 p.m. Edit footage
• 4:00 p.m. Video presentations
• 5:00 p.m. Send off and product giveaways