AFP Press Release, Boulder, Colo — The X Games Europe was a huge competition for AFP standings. With it being a platinum level event, the changes in points were sure to shake up the world rankings. In addition, The North Face Park and Pipe Open and the Aspen/Snowmass Open played a major factor for athletes like Gus Kenworthy, Joss Christensen and Annalisa Drew in the overall rankings. After X Games, the number one positions were overthrown in both men’s halfpipe and slopestyle. The close battle continues for second place in women’s halfpipe between Devin Logan and Maddie Bowman. There has also been some serious pressure in the overall rankings, with Joss Christensen closely trailing behind Jossi Wells for the number two spot. Make sure to see what happens at the end of this week after the Dumont Cup.
•After winning gold at X Games Europe, Torin Yater-Wallace earns himself 1,200 pts, and retakes the 1st place spot from David Wise by a mere 28 pts! Torin and Wise have been battling for 1st all season, changing seats at the top.
•Noah Bowman makes a jump from 4th up to 3rd place with his 5th place finish at Winter X Games Europe.
•Thomas Kreif moves up 2 positions with his Euro X Silver medal, earning him 1,130 points and overtaking Tucker Perkins (currently out with a knee injury) and landing himself in 4th position!
• Benoit Valentin moves up with his fellow countryman, securing himself the 12th position.
• Roz Groenwoud holds on to 1st place after her gold at Euro X.
• US Freeskiing athletes Maddie Bowman and Devin Logan are in a tight race for 2nd and third. Devin currently has the upper hand, leading Maddie by 40 pts! Brita Sigourney holds onto her 4th place ranking.
•Ayana Onizuka of Japan make a nice leap up into the top 12 after Euro X. She currently sits in 9th.
• Tom Wallisch overtook Nick Goepper for 1st place in the Slopestyle ranking with his win at Grand Prix Mammoth. After a silver medal at Euro X, Tom continues to sit securely in 1st place on the AFP Slopestyle ranking.
• Bobby Brown beats out US Freeskiing Teammate Tom Wallish to win an impressive gold medal at X Games Europe and retakes 3rd position in the Slope Ranking.
• Andreas Hatveit takes the bronze medal at Euro X, earning 1080 pts and landing himself in 4th position.
•With back to back golds, Kaya Turski sits on top of the AFP World Ranking as well as on top of women's slopestyle, period.
• Dara Howell of Canada has jumped up into 3rd position with top 5s in Mammoth and Tignes.
•The young Emilia Wint out of Colorado has climbed all the way up the rankings this season to currently sit in 4th place!
• Gus Kenworthy stays consistent and maintains his 1st place ranking after taking 1st in both Halfpipe and Slopestyle at the Aspen/Snowmass Open!
• Joss Christensen has been on a tear in both pipe and slope lately gabbing podiums in both pipe and slope at the Aspen/Snowmass Open, 3rd in Slope at the Grand Prix and 7th at X Games Europe. He jumps up to 7th position in the extremely competitive Men's Slopestyle rankings and is holding onto 3rd in the overall ranking-nipping at the heels of Jossi Wells, trailing him by 800 pts.
•Torin Yatter-Wallace shows that his skills reach beyond just halfpipe, grabbing 2nd place at the Aspen/Snowmass Open Slopestyle and 4th in Slope at the US Grand Prix Mammoth. He jumps up to 4th position in the overall rankings.
• Devin Logan maintains her 1st position in the women's overall, with Dara Howell holding strong in 2nd.
• Annalisa Drew makes a big jump up to 5th in the overall ranking after earning impressive points in both halfpipe and slopestyle at the Aspen Open, Grand Prix Mammoth and TNF Park and Pipe Open.