If you’re looking to turn your passion for skiing into a career, Colorado State University (CSU) can lend a hand. CSU is now offering a Graduate Certificate in Ski Area Management that can be completed, in its entirety, online in just nine months. Each course in the program (six total) is eight weeks in length, and gives students keen insight into the industry, thanks to aid from ski area managers and industry stalwarts. The program seeks to provide students with the skills and know-how to successfully do the following:
- Make strategic management decisions
- Assess the impact of policy on ski areas
- Improve managerial and operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Make informed capital budgeting decisions
- Balance the priorities and demands of operating within a pristine alpine environment
- Develop positive stakeholder relationships
- Manage employees effectively
- Critically examine the future of the industry
- Communicate professionally and effectively
The graduate program is all-encompassing, providing students with business-savvy, communication skills, knowledge of the environment, management know-how and more, ensuring students are well-equipped to succeed in the ski resort sector of the ski industry.
“The ski area management program definitely provides a unique advantage to students coming out of the program that are looking to enter into the industry, just because it provides that holistic view of the business,” says Mark Gasta, executive vice president and chief people officer at Vail Resorts. “Graduates will come out, not only with some deep expertise or concentration or passion, but in addition they’ll have a great understanding of the overall workings of the industry and resorts.”
For more information on applying for this top-notch graduate program, click here.