FREESKIER Photo Submission Guidelines
- Submit .jpg previews at 72 DPI, 2000 pixels on longest edge
- Submissions over 300 photos—excluding assignment photos—will be rejected
- Send .zip folders via Dropbox or WeTransfer
- Fill out IPTC Core Metadata fields (exceptions: IPTC Subject Code, ISO Country Code, Intellectual Genre, IPTC Scene Code)
- Metadata must include skier, trick, location, associated brands in headline, description and keywords (e.g. Sammy Carlson, 540 Safety Grab, Revelstoke Backcountry, British Columbia, Event Hosted by Armada, Shot by MSP Films)
- Credit line should reflect any obligations to production companies (e.g. Photo by John Doe_Mary Jane Productions)
- Submissions without proper metadata could be passed over. If we’re looking to run an article on a specific gear item, athlete, location, trick, company, etc., the more info we have, the more likely it is that we’ll find your photograph.
- Send all photos to [email protected]
- We encourage you to submit photos on a rolling basis throughout the season
On behalf of everyone here at FREESKIER, thank you in advance for your submission. We appreciate your hard work in the field and we hope to shine a great light on your art.