It’s closing weekend at Vail and Breckenridge, so finish the season strong with these events and activities (most of them are free!).
1. FREE, live music at Vail: Wyclef Jean headlines Spring Back to Vail this weekend in Vail. Other acts include the Sierra Leoneâ€™s Refugee All-stars, Robert Earl Keen, and Guster. For a complete schedule, visit www.springbacktovail.com. Also, don’t miss the World Pond Skimming Championships. This yearâ€™s pond skimming competition will also include a free BBQ. All spectators are invited to enjoy the BBQ from 2:30pm-4:30pm while supplies last.
2. FREE live music at Breckenridge: Spring Massive wraps up this weekend with sunshine and music. The Bravery will play at the Riverwalk Center on Saturday evening (opening bang The Rouge plays at 4pm). For more info, click here.
3. If youâ€™re in the mood for a workout, try the Imperial Challenge: warm up with a 6.2 mile mountain bike ride from the Town of Breckenridge across Peak 7 to Peak 8. Next a 2,500 foot, wind testing ascent on the equipment of your choice to takes you to the top of Peak 8 and the Imperial Bowl. As your quadriceps quiver from oxygen deprivation and lactic acid build up, begin your descent to the base of Peak 8 on skis or a snowboard. For more on this muscle-building cardio-fest, click here.
4. When the sunâ€™s shining, you can work on your goggle tan. Heavenly Mountain Resort is giving away prizes to whoever rocks the best tan. Post your pictures on their Facebook wall and youâ€™ll be entered to win.
5. Work on your Snow Squad video submission. Grab a few more shots to use for your entry, and upload to SnowSquad.com! Tell your friends to vote for your video through Facebook and Twitter and you could join this elite crew of skiers and riders. Weâ€™re giving away an Epic pass and head-to-toe gear to the winners. Upload your videos here!