Photo Gallery: See shots from first superpipe practice session at X Games Aspen
The 2013 X Games Aspen kicked off today with a slopestyle practice session this morning, and a superpipe practice session this evening under the lights. The superpipe on Buttermilk Mountain is in top form, as is always the case here at X, and a handful of the world’s best pipe skiers were anxious to get underway, having awaited the coming of X Games for weeks, if not months.
Athletes described the superpipe tonight using adjectives like, “good,” “nice,” “big,” “perfect,” “awesome,” and “as good as it gets.” They’ll have one more practice session tomorrow evening before Thursday’s elimination round, and Friday’s final.
“Hey, how’s the 2013 X Games Aspen superpipe?”
Stay tuned throughout the day tomorrow as we’ll bring you another batch of photos, plus information on upcoming elimination rounds.
For behind the scenes photos from X Games, follow @FreeskierMagazine on Instagram.
- Check out the Winter X Games 17 competition schedule by day.
- See the full list of invited riders to X Games Aspen 2013.
- Freeskier and Red Bull to host athlete welcome party during X Games in Aspen.
- See the 2013 X Games Aspen television broadcast schedule.
- See photos of the 2013 X Games Aspen slopestyle course.
About the author:
Henrik Lampert loves hot dogs, backflips, the Boston Bruins and Norway. Twenty-seven years old and a Massachusetts native, he's the Editor of Freeskier Magazine and Freeskier.com—a proud staffer since 2010.