We’re rolling out new features on Freeskier.com this week that make the site even better to use. Since launching in October, we’ve heard what you like, what you don’t and we’ve been working on making the experience better for you. Our team of super-dorks have been working round the clock, fueled by nothing but Red Bull and Mountain Dew, to bring you these new features…
1. (NOW LIVE!) Comment Notification: Any time somebody makes a comment on a video, photo or your profile you will get an email notifying you with a link so you can go check it out.
2. Fantasy Freeride Returns: FFL is back and better than ever. We’re splitting it up into two terms like last year, giving away a ton of prizes and have a slick new system for you to get down on.
3. FFL Forums: Interact and communicate with other FFL competitors in the new Freeskier FFL forums.
4. The FRSK Feed: Want to know what your Freeskier friends are up to? Head to their profile to check out their FRSK feed to see what they’re commenting on and if they’ve uploaded any content (photos, stories, pictures).
5. (NOW LIVE!) Searching That Doesn’t Suck: We knew that our search page sucked, we listened to you and we’ve fixed it. Now you’ll be able to see search results in an easy to navigate page so you can find the photos, news and video you want.
6. (NOW LIVE!) Behind The Curtain: We’ve made serious changes to our infrastructure to ensure that we can handle anything you throw at us. Take the podcast for example, we’re now using a global content delivery network (CDN) to ensure that when we release a new video you can download it in seconds, not hours.
That’s not all, we’ll be steadily working over the next few months to improve the user experience. We’ve got more tricks up our sleeve that are sure to keep you stoked on the new site.
Interactive Services Manager