2018 Photo Submission Guidelines
- Submit .jpg previews at 72 DPI, 2000 pixels on longest edge
- Submissions over 300 photos—excluding assignment photos—will be rejected
- Send .zip folders via Dropbox or WeTransfer
- Fill out IPTC Core Metadata fields (exceptions: IPTC Subject Code, ISO Country Code, Intellectual Genre, IPTC Scene Code)
- Metadata must include skier, trick, location, associated brands in headline, description and keywords (e.g. Sammy Carlson, 540 Safety Grab, Revelstoke Backcountry, British Columbia, Event Hosted by Armada, Shot by MSP Films)
- Credit line should reflect any obligations to production companies (e.g. Photo by John Doe_Mary Jane Productions)
- Submissions without proper metadata could be passed over. If we’re looking to run an article on a specific gear-item, athlete, location, trick, company, etc., the more info we have, the more likely it is that we’ll find your photograph.
- Send all photos to email@example.com
- We encourage you to submit photos on a rolling basis throughout the 2018 season
- Primary submission deadline is April 15, 2018 (By submitting prior to May 1, it enables us to get creative with ways in which to utilize the imagery)
- Secondary submission deadline is May 15, 2018 (Photos submitted prior to this point will be given strong consideration for editorial exposure)
- Photos submitted after May 15 will absolutely be accepted. However, please note that the later we receive your photos, the less likely it becomes that we’ll have use for them, especially as it pertains to our print products.
On behalf of everyone here at FREESKIER, thank you in advance for your submission. We appreciate your hard work in the field and we hope to shine a great light on your art. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Henrik Lampert, Editor-In-Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org