Top 10 Blue Runs
10. Crystal- Breckenridge: Following the center ridge of Peak 10, Crystal offers comfortable cruising in between tougher terrain spilling off to each side. A quick 7-minute ride up the Falcon SuperChair bestows 1,400 vertical feet of blue bliss on Crystal.
9. Simba- Vail: Known for its long intermediate runs, the Front Side of Vail is typified by Simba on the far western edge of the resort. The run does turn into a black diamond for one short, steep pitch, but skiers can simply detour around it and rejoin Simbaâ€™s tame lower section for the rest of the way down.
8. Orion- Heavenly: At this resort straddling two states, Orion on the Nevada side is a popular first stop to bask in the morning sun and enjoy fresh corduroy. Views of the Nevada desert contrast Lake Tahoe on the California side.
7. Frenchman- Keystone: Skiers and riders could literally spend 12 hours a day on Frenchman– thanks to night skiing available on weekends. This classic frontside run often receives extra attention with one grooming pass before the morning opening and another before the night-skiing session.
6. Pioneer- Breckenridge: Installed in 2002, the Independence SuperChair serves a sea of blue runs on the lower half of Peak 7. Pioneer is just one option sure to please lower intermediates and up.
Click here to find out who got the #1 spot