Third Annual Pro/Am Winter Park Freeskiing Open Scheduled for March 4-5
THIRD ANNUAL PRO/AM WINTER PARK FREESKIING OPEN SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 4-5
100 Regional Amateur and Professional Athletes Will Compete for $6,500 in Prize Money
WINTER PARK, Colo. (March 1 , 2011) – Winter Park Resort will host the Winter Park Freeskiing Open Saturday and Sunday, March 4 & 5, 2011. Amateur and professional competitors will gain exposure competing for $6,500 in prize money. Registration is open at: http://rlyrd.com/freeski_open.html
2010 Winter Park Freeskiing Open
The contest is open to the first 100 registrants, with no invitation required and no pre-qualified athletes in the finals, offering an equal chance for sponsored and un-sponsored athletes to reach the finals. The entry fee of $100 includes a lift ticket for the day of the event. (If no lift ticket is required, fee is $75.) The event will take place in Dark Territory located in the Rail Yard terrain park. The event will feature an open class slopestyle on a course that will give athlete a chance to showcase a variety of skills on rails and jumps.
In the qualifiers, competitors will be judged on the best of two runs, with the top 10 men and top five women advancing. The finals take place at 2:30pm on Saturday, March 5, with the awards ceremony immediately following.
Men: 1st prize: $2,000; 2nd: $1,250; 3rd: $750; 4th – 10th: $100
Women: 1st prize: $750; 2nd: $500; 3rd: $350; 4th & 5th: $100
Discounted lift tickets are available to athletes at $45 for training on Friday, March 4. More information is available at http://rlyrd.com/freeski_open.html
Mandatory Liability Release
Download the mandatory liability release form. Please sign and return the liability via fax, email, or bring it in person to the event. -Fax: 970.726.1690; Email:email@example.com.
(subject to change)
Training: March 4
▪ Dark Territory will be open to Dark Territory passholders and event participants.
▪ Event participants must have their bib with them to enter the training area. NO EXCEPTIONS.
▪ Coaches: Authorized wrist bands must be visible for entry into the course. To get an authorized wrist band and access, please sign a Dark Territory waiver in the Competition Center or register before you go up on the course.
Qualifying and Finals: March 5
Format: Overall Impression from the 3 FIS certified judges panel
▪ Qualifying: Best 1 of 2 runs on the slopestyle course. Top 10 men and Top 5 women advance to the finals.
▪ Finals: Final standings will be based on the best 1 of 2 of athletes' final runs.
▪ Course inspection, 8:45-9:45am
▪ Riders meeting, 10am
▪ Start Run 1, 10:15am
▪ Women Run 1 followed by Men Run 1
▪ 20 minute course hold between Run 1 and Run 2
▪ Women Run 2 followed by Men Run2
▪ Finalists announced (top of the course), 2pm
▪ Final runs start, 2:30pm
▪ Awards, 4pm
Weather Day: March 6
About Winter Park Resort
Located just 67 miles from Denver, Winter Park Resort has been Colorado’s Favorite® resort for generations seeking a big mountain experience at a great value for over 71 years. The resort has invested more than $40 million in on-mountain improvements in the last five years, not including the new Village at Winter Park recently completed. For more information visit www.winterparkresort.com.