Now Hiring: FREESKIER seeks graphic designer
FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated, talented individual to join the team here in Boulder, Colorado. This is your chance to score a dream job, in a growing company, in the greatest industry in the world: skiing.
Seeking: graphic designer
FREESKIER’s graphic designer works hand-in-hand with the art director, the edit team, as well as the sales & marketing squad to manage the artistic translation of the brand across multiple channels. The graphic designer is responsible for ensuring the visuals related to all FREESKIER properties (including print, web and social media) are consistent, cutting edge and of the utmost quality. The graphic designer will frequently collaborate with the sales & marketing team on custom-content partnerships and related projects.
- Assist in the development of concepts and layouts across all FREESKIER platforms including print, web and social; collaborate with edit team and other creatives to produce a high caliber of work under tight deadlines
- Assist with overall graphic vision, design and layout of six magazines annually; help design and produce editorial features for the magazines
- Assist w/ management of the design process in collaboration with the edit staff; work closely with team members to assure on-time delivery of magazine files to the printer
- Work with edit team through copy editing and design process, make frequent changes to page layout from initial draft to print-ready piece
- Assist in the creation of appealing magazine covers, in collaboration with photo editor and edit team
- Ensure magazine page templates are consistent with printer specs
- Work with photo editor to direct photoshoots
- Create custom illustrations, infographics, and other graphic elements
- Create ads to promote in-house initiatives
- Design other promotional materials for sales reps and internal staff on as-needed basis, including sales sheets
- Create in-house marketing pieces and signage for events
- Design promotional items including hats, t-shirts, stickers
- Competency in the Adobe Creative Suite of applications, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; must be familiar with print production from concept to publication
- Possess a spectrum of design skills, including illustration, typography and color correction; interactive design is a plus
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be self-motivated and versatile, with careful attention to detail as well as sensitivity to planning and deadlines
- A minimum of three years experience in magazine/print design and production for a journalistic publication with high editorial standards and demanding deadlines
- At least three years online design experience; must be current on industry trends and technology
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design or a related field
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to multi task, strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design
- Desire to work on a collaborative team with high standards; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude
- Must be comfortable working in an agile environment with changing demands and aggressive deadlines
- Commensurate with experience
- Hours: 40+ hours a week, full-time
- Location: Storm Mountain Publishing office (Boulder, CO)
How to apply:
E-mail your resume, cover letter and samples of work to email@example.com. Be sure to put the words “Graphic Designer” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with you individually via email.
FREESKIER was founded in 1997 by passionate skiers who wanted to help push skiing’s progression, and serve as a relevant media source to share the sport’s story. Today, FREESKIER has become the largest independent ski-media company in the world, leading the industry in audience, engagement and content dissemination. FREESKIER is located outside of Boulder, CO.