Freeskier Now Hiring: Seeking Online Editor
We are excited to announce that FREESKIER is on the hunt for another motivated, talented individual to join the edit staff – and we’re filling the position ASAP. Here’s your chance to score a dream job in a growing company in the greatest industry in the world: skiing.
Seeking: online editor – freeskier.com
FREESKIER magazine is looking for an online editor to help manage and develop its website, social media, e-newsletter and custom platforms. As online editor, you will be responsible for maintaining and championing development of the brand’s website, freeskier.com, and managing our Twitter, Facebook and other social pages. You will assume management of our weekly e-newsletters, you’ll post regular articles to the website, and you’ll work with our sales team to develop custom projects for our clients.
FREESKIER is an online leader in skiing, and we want to keep it that way. We’re looking for a smart, hungry, nerdy player to join our team. If you’re obsessed with the internet and find yourself to be supremely in-tune with the world of freeskiing, we want to hear from you.
- Post regular articles to freeskier.com: gear, news, videos, etc.
- Manage the weekly e-newsletters
- Manage social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Assist the edit staff in other web-related tasks
- Travel to trade shows, ski tests, competitions, etc
- Work with our sales team to develop custom projects
- Must have a passion for skiing and deep knowledge of the sport
- Must be a proficient writer (clips required)
- Must have a solid understanding of social media and experience using it (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.)
- Must have experience with Photoshop or other graphics suite; ability to design & create basic graphics
- Should have at least a basic understanding of html
- Must be supremely organized
- Must want to work with a dedicated team in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves but not necessary to have:
- Photography/filming/editing experience
- PhD in neuro-science
- Entry-level salary, or TBD based on experience
- Hours: 40+ hours a week, full-time
- Location: Storm Mountain Publishing office in Boulder, CO
How to apply:
E-mail your resume, cover letter, clips and answer to the following questions to email@example.com. Be sure to put the words “Online Editor” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with you individually via email.
- Name two skiers who appeared on a cover of FREESKIER’s Volume 16
- Where was the annual SIA Trade Show hosted before its move to Denver?
- What are the first names of the four Wells brothers?
- Provide two terms that might be used to describe the act of grabbing the tippity tail of the ski
About FREESKIER Magazine:
FREESKIER was founded in 1997 by skiers who recognized that skiing was about to embark on a radical evolution and needed a new generation of media to tell that story. Today, FREESKIER is not only a leader in ski print media, but also in the digital realm. FREESKIER’s website, social media initiatives and mobile apps lead the industry in engagement, participation and content dissemination. We are located outside of Boulder, CO.
About the author:
Freeskier Magazine—This is skiing.