Currier, Caradeux win The North Face Freeski Open of New Zealand halfpipe, 2013
The halfpipe segment of The North Face Freeski Open of New Zealand is in the books, with American Lyman Currier taking the win on the men’s side, and French ripper Anais Caradeux taking top honors among the ladies.
Currier’s winning run consisted of a switch 7 Japan, alley-oop flat 5 mute, left dub cork 12, right 9 reverse mute, cork 5 Japan and an alley-oop flat 7 mute to close. Caradeux earned gold with a left 9, alley-oop 5, straight air mute, alley-oop critical, left 5 tail, right 5 and a left 7 to close. The contest was hosted at Cardrona Alpine Resort, and the event ranks Silver on the AFP points scale.
Freeski Open of NZ, Ski Superpipe, Men’s Final Results:
1. Lyman Currier (USA) 92.75
2. Beau-James Wells (NZL) 89.5
3. Alex Ferreira (USA) 88.25
4. Gus Kenworthy (USA) 82.0
5. Aaron Blunck (USA) 81.0
6. Kentaro Tsuda (JPN) 77.0
7. Broby Leeds (USA) 76.0
8. Lyndon Sheehan (NZL) 73.5
9. Jon Anders Lindstad (NOR) 72.75
10. Antoine Blanchi (FRA) 70.0
Freeski Open of NZ, Ski Superpipe, Women’s Final Results:
1. Anais Caradeux (FRA) 91.0
2. Angeli Vanlaanen (USA) 89.75
3. Rowan Cheshire (GBR) 88.5
4. Devin Logan (USA) 86.25
5. Janina Kuzma (NZL) 84.0
To see how this affects the AFP World Ranking, follow this link.