The 2013 February issue hits newsstands this week, complete with SOTY feature
The 2013 February issue (Volume 15.6) hits newsstands tomorrow, January 8, and the iTunes newsstand January 10. Included in this issue is our 2012 Skier of the Year feature, containing profiles on the male and female Skier of the Year.
This fall nearly 30,000 votes were tallied in our Skier of the Year (SOTY) contest. Sixteen nominated male skiers and eight nominated females went head-to-head, with public voting ultimately narrowing those fields down to two men, and two women: Henrik Harlaut (2011 SOTY) vs. Tom Wallisch (2010 SOTY), and Kaya Turski (2011 SOTY) vs. Ingrid Backstrom. Who reigns supreme this year? A small group of magazine subscribers already know the answer. The rest of the world finds out tomorrow as magazines hit shelves, and as we follow up with an online release of the Skier of the Year feature.
Also included in this issue:
- A must-read profile on Mike Hornbeck
- A wild trip to Finland with LJ Strenio, Spencer Milbocker and Tim McChesney
- Mini-profiles on Chris Logan, Austin Nelson and Frej Jonsson
- Destination piece on Kirkwood, CA
- Company Callout highlighting GoPro’s humble beginnings
- An outstanding Talk piece by Liam Downey
- A feature on How To Do: Ski Camp
- A first look at a handful of 2013/14 ski gear
- Jibardy featuring Byron Wells vs. Walter Wood
- Loads more
*Cover photo features 2012 SOTY finalists Henrik Harlaut and Tom Wallisch, shot by Nate Abbott in Park City, UT.
About the author:
Henrik Lampert loves hot dogs, the Boston Bruins and Norway. He's the Online Editor here at Freeskier.