ESPN releases list of 50 most influential people in action sports, includes 9 skiers
ESPN released its list of the 50 most influential people in action sports today and included on it 9 skiers and ski industry personnel.
Overall, the list seems on-point to us, though we would have tried to get Tanner Hall and a couple filmmakers on the list. (And Tom Wallisch won Level 1‘s Superunknown contest, not Freeskier’s as indicated on Tom’s slide.) Here are the ski all-stars who made it:
46. Trennon Paynter – longtime Canadian coach
42. David Reddick – photo editor at Powder and Bike
37. Candide Thovex – pro skier, filmmaker
36. Ingrid Backstrom – pro skier
33. Josh Loubek – co-founder of AFP, head judge
29. Chris Davenport – pro skier, mountaineer
18. Tom Wallisch – two-time Skier of the Year, internet sensation
17. Mike Douglas – pro skier, filmmaker
8. Sarah Burke – pro skier
About the author:
Matt Harvey is the editor of Freeskier Magazine and the guy in charge of making digital things for the mag. He is afraid of mail and claims to be undefeated at the game of Checkers.